Audiences are shocked when they see Bobby Johnson live for the first time on stage. In a matter of minutes, crowds go from the quiet response that often greets a relative unknown, to bursts of boisterous laughter and applause.
Bobby's passion for comedy is outrageously demonstrated on stage with cutting edge performances of characters stemming from his multiethnic background. Is there indeed such a thing as method comedy? Bobby doesn't play the character he becomes the character. The array of personalities he brings to the stage creates a unique and diverse energy to his routine. His impressions of his outlandish Japanese grandmother, an emotional Cuban waitress, an irate Middle Eastern cab driver, an urbanized redneck, or his emotionally disturbed half Japanese mother who lives as a black woman are just a few of the many characters that he has mastered.
He has emceed and hosted shows at clubs and colleges all over South Florida including the Improv in Coconut Grove, Comic Strip in Fort Lauderdale and The University of Miami. He won first place in the 1998 South Florida Comic Search that led to an appearance on NBC's Good Morning America. Currently, he is in pre-production with a pilot for MTV; a one-man show, which includes an array of costumes, characters and unsuspecting public audiences.
He moved to New York to pursue a career in comedy and acting and has had people bursting at the seams ever since. Within a year of performing on the comedy scene, Bobby became a regular at all the clubs in New York City. It is his unique style that has captured both the attentions of audiences and club bookers.
Once you have seen his captivating presence on stage, it is easy to understand why he accelerated in the New York City comedy circuit in such a short time. Bobby can be seen featuring at clubs all over Manhattan. Between his hilarious characters and amazing crowd work he will be providing therapy for crowds all over the planet for years to come.
"Who is Bobby Johnson? Quite possibly the funniest and sexiest man alive. Not since Robin Williams has there been a comic so versatile and so willing to take on everyone and everything."
"Bobby Johnson has proven to be one of the most promising up and coming new stand- ups in the NYC area. Coming from a background of Latino and Asian ethnicity has given Bobby a tremendous amount of personal conflict to draw upon. Watch Bobby become one of NY's rising talents."
New York Improv
"Bobby Johnson is on his way to becoming a household name. He is smart, sexy, hip and FUNNY! Catch his shows and see why every audience is rolling with laughter and how he has them entranced in his comedy dance from start to finish."
"An energetic, young, talented comedian on the rise! He has the natural ability to bring together audiences of all types."
New York Comedy Club
"Bobby uses a unique blend of characters and witty humor that makes him a bright star in a new generation of comedians."
Director of Development
Montel Williams Production Company
WE Are BOBBY JOHNSON
Thank you for taking the time to check out New York based, Bobby Johnson.
- Bobby Johnson performs regularly in NYC's top comedy clubs including NY Improv, World Famous Laugh Factory, Caroline's on Broadway, NY Comedy Club, Stand Up NY and Gotham Comedy Club.
- Bobby performs regularly with comedians from "Comedy Central", "Chappelle's Show" and "SNL."
- Johnson was recently featured in the "Current", a weekly arts & entertainment newspaper in Hoboken, NJ with over 20,000 readers.
- Bobby emcees regularly on comedy showcases and special events in NYC's top comedy clubs.
- Johnson was recently a finalist on KISS FM 98.7 "It's Just Comedy Throwdown" competition.
- Bobby was a finalist on NBC's "Today Show" Talent search in 2004.
- Johnson has made several guest appearances on SIRIUS Satellite Radio's comedy channel.
- Bobby was cast in VOLVO commercial with musical score by Kanye West.
- Launched website
, voted best website by fellow comedians.
- Johnson studies with top NYC acting coaches under the Meisner technique.
- Bobby is a featured player with leading NYC based sketch/improv comedy troupe, "8 Is Never Enough" at "The World Famous NY Improv" comedy club.
- Johnson also performed with "LLEGAMOS" a Latino themed sketch comedy show featured on "TELEMUNDO" sponsored by COORS Light.
- Bobby was a featured comedian on "HEY MON" Televised Caribbean comedy showcase.
- Bobby Johnson has a local email list of over 1000 fans and over 700 MYSPACE friends.